First of all, Happy 2021 everyone! May all of us filled with love, peace, health, and wealth this year.
“Media Noche” is an annual celebration where we celebrate a very special feast on the New Year’s eve. It’s a Filipino tradition and belief to prepare dishes on our table to bring prosperity and good luck for the coming year.
So what dishes do we usually prepare during New Year’s Eve or Media Noche?
Here are the dishes that were served for the family last New Year’s Eve:
1) Tikoy with sesame seeds and peanuts on top
2) Biko (Plain)
3) Grilled Liempo, Pork, and Hotdog
4) Fresh Fruit Salad (We also have Buko Salad – still on ref lol)
5) Spaghetti (We used Fusilli Pasta this time just for a change since we already used Spaghetti pasta last Christmas Eve)
6) Platter of Pork Lumpia, Cooked Ham, Sliced cheese with bacon bits
7) Beef Caldereta
8) Pansit Canton
9) Beef Stew (This was given by our neighbor. Thanks Tita Lyn!)
10) Graham de Leche
11) Biko w/ Peanuts
Round fresh fruits, non-alcoholic wine, soda on the table are on the side as well.
There are dishes that were already prepared the night before New Year’s Eve especially the dessert ones like Graham de Leche and Leche Flan as well as Lumpiang Shanghai and Pork Embotido. We used to do these annually so everything is prepared.
Do you prepare the same dishes on your table also?